JP Fire Control Kit
The original JP Fire Control Kit proved that an AR could have a crisp, clean trigger break that didn't feel gritty and cheap next to a premium bolt gun. For the price, there's no better way to take a stock AR trigger to another level. Our classic trigger kit is the longest-lasting, best-selling AR trigger kit in the industry.
This component trigger package provides a customizable trigger setup with only minimal gunsmithing. In addition to the traditional one-piece design, this Fire Control Kit is also available with our interchangeable shoe design to allow customization and easy swapping of trigger down the road.
Package includes trigger assembly with adjustment screws and wrench, disconnector, trigger spring, two alternate weight hammer springs and instruction manual.
- Precision-machined trigger with optimal metallurgy and finishing
- Inexpensive alternative to many high-priced modules with a superior result
- Customizable setup and pull weight with only minimal gunsmithing
- Durable relationship between parts ensured by an extremely short reset
- Complete absence of take-up and overtravel
- Best possible compromise between precision and speed
- Infinite adjustability for perfect refinement
- High quality result out of the box further improvable through simple polishing
- Easily interchangeable trigger shoes
Spring Selection Guide
The yellow/yellow combination may be used for competition and various recreational applications with hand loads or domestic-manufactured, non-military ammunition. It will result in a release weight in the 3.0-3.5 lb. range on most receivers.
- Enhanced Ignition Reliability
The yellow trigger spring combined with the red hammer spring will yield a release weight of 3.5-4.0 lbs. on most receivers and offers increased reliability for (5.56 NATO) or foreign-manufactured ammo with low sensitivity primers. The yellow-red springs must be used for any large-frame AR installation to ensure 100% ignition reliability. This is also the minimum acceptable combination for tactical duty (LE) installations and should be used only with domestic-manufactured ammo in this application.
The tactical spring set includes a full powers (grey) hammer spring (purchased separately) and yellow trigger spring. It may be required for agencies that mandate a trigger release weight of over 4 lbs. This set up also insures 100% ignition reliability on both AR-15 and AR-10 type rifles.
To meet NRA Service Rifle Competition rules of a 4.5 lb. release weight, the CMP spring set (purchased separately) includes the full-power hammer spring and a custom trigger return spring, which will allow you to tune to a release weight just over 4.5 pounds to lift the NRA weights.